Yoga Therapy Course 300h in Kerala from 15 February to 15 March 2020
Theory, philosophy and psychology :
– Integrated approach of yogatherapy
– Concept of health and yoga
– Science of illness
– Therapeutic description of panchakosa
– Study of chakras
– States of consciousness and work with them
– Methods of yogic counseling
– Yogic games for concentration
Disease & disorders :
– Asthma and Nasal Allergy
– Diabetes mellitus
– Ischemic heart diseases, Hypertension, Hypotension
– Back pain, Spondylitis, Arthritis
– Headache and Migraine
– Eyes disorder,
– Women’s disorder,
– Dystrophy, Bulimia & Anorexia
– Psychiatric disorder
– Digestive disorders (Acidity, Constipations, Duodenal Ulcer, Leucorrhoea, Irritable bowel syndrome)
– Depression, Anxiety
– Skin problems and Eczema
Functional anatomy and physiology :
– Systems of the body (muscular, skeletal, respiratory, circulatory, hormonal, nervous)
– Parameter of reading
– Clinical record maintenance
– Signs and symptoms
Yogic management through Asanas& Sukshma viyayamas :
– Body alignment
– Variety of specific modified asanas
– Therapeutic use of props
– Loosening practices for joints
– Mukhasanas (gymnastic for the face muscles)
– Assisting / ajustings
– Special therapeutic technique
– How to work in private sessions
Therapeutic technics with Shatkarmas :
– Jala neti (cleansing of nostrils with water)
– Sutra Neti (cleansing of nostrils with string)
– Vamana Dhauti (yogic vomiting)
– Agnisara (energizing of the belly)
– Varisara Dhouti (Shankha prakshalana) (cleansing of digestive system)
– Trataka (candle gazing)
Yogic management through Pranayama :
– Nadi shodhana
– Synchronization of prana and mantra
– Concentration on pranic mouvements
Yogatherapy for the Mind :
– MSRT- Mind Sound Resonance Technique
– PET – Pranic Energization Technique
– CY – Cyclic Meditation
– Yoga nidra
– Ajapa japa
– Chakra meditation
– Advanced meditations
Sound practices and chanting for Healing :
– Nadanusantana (A-U-M-AUM meditation)
– Voice opening exercices
– Mantras (for peace, for protection, classical mantras of Yoga, stotrams)
Teaching theory and practice of yogatherapy
Saji is practicing yoga since the age of 17 and he graduated in 2001 from VYASA University (Bangalore, India), where he studied Yogic Sciences, Yoga Therapy and Naturopathy. But Saji’s background in the traditional lineage of Bihar school of yoga (founded by Swami Satyananda Saraswati) has given him the deepest experiences which goes way beyond the academic knowledge. Since more then 20 years of teaching with open heart, Saji helped to grow to many very dedicated yogis and teachers all over the world. Travelling with different seminars, retreats and workshops Saji also gives a place that brings more balance and upliftment with tools of holistic yogatherapy to people who come to his private consultations.
Teaching tantric healing Japa Meditation
Shajesh started traditional tantric study in 1993 under Nath tradition with his master in Kerala. Now he is practicing and share Tantra wisdom and techniques since more then 20 years. The Nath tradition is a timeless lineage of spiritual teachers, connected with infinite consciousness through the greatest yogis of all ages. Ancient practices of Tantra Vidya have been deformed in the western world and Shajesh cherishes the idea to bring back the purity and power to authentic teachings mainly through the practice of mantra japa and meditation.
Teaching Mantra yoga, women’s disorders, restorative yoga and stress management
Maitri is involved in the path of yoga and ayurveda since her tennager. She is presently living in between France and India, practicing and teaching integral yoga through all its traditional aspects. Still mantra yoga remains Maitri’s main focus in sadhana, and main healing practice. She had chance to learn from talented teachers and always happy to share the vibration with yoga practitioners. Being a student of Saji and yogatherapist since several years Maitri is also sharing her experience in some specific branches of yogatherapy.
During the course period, students will have an opportunity to study and interact with our guest lecturers from many different healing traditions. Our guest speakers will include doctors, philosophers, and other widely respected yoga experts.
Exams & Certification
1 collectif examination at the end of the 2nd week
7-8 case study
1 oral final examination
1 writing final test
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a diploma registered with Yoga Allliance Professionals. This diploma is a highly valued and internationally recognized.
We are blessed to conduct our yoga courses in the beautiful and peaceful ashram belonging to the Chinmaya Mission, located 45 km from Kochi airport (Kerala / south India).
The ashram has a very peaceful atmosphere suitable for yoga and meditation, nature will wakeup early morning sunrise with the singing birds, mantras and bells from temple refresh the mind, ashram library is intellectual sanctuary with spiritual knowledge, students has an opportunity to introduce various courses on Vedanta & Sanskrit. This is a sacred birth place of the great saint Adi Sankaracharya’s one can feel a calm, spiritual energy during their stay in ashram.
Accommodation & Food
The accommodation is generally a shared room for 2 students but we try as much as possible to give you single room accommodation (when there are other courses running in the Ashram you will be asked to share). In case you don’t like to share we will provide you single room upon special request and subject to availability. The rooms are clean and simple with fan, attached toilet and shower with hot water. Laundry facilities and wifi are available in commun area.
The food is a simple vegetarian south indian diet and includes various seasonal fruits. Filtered drinking water is safe for health is freely available in the ashram.
Course fees & reservation
Course fee includes only course materials, food & accommodation in shared twin room
In order to reserve a place for this course, please complete this application form and return it with a deposit of 300 Euros, which will form a part payment of the full course fee, mentioned above. This course is limited to a small number of students and we cannot guarantee a place until the full deposit has been received.
Should enrolment be cancelled by a student for any reason, the deposit is non-refundable. In the unlikely event our course is cancelled, 100% of the payment/deposit will be refunded.
What is included in the course fee ?
– Food and accommodation from 15th Feb to 15th March 2019
– All tuition fees
– 5 course books, notebooks and pens
– 336 yoga cards as a tool for sequencing
– Bag and yoga belt for practice
More information on : www.vasishtayoga.org
Have a look on this video about Vasishta Yoga courses